I wanted to get a head start on a good skincare and makeup routine for summertime so I decided to pop into Ivy Wild Beauty to get some help from the beauty guru herself, Rachel Mulcahy. The organic, DC based beauty shop has such a great collection of natural skincare and makeup products PLUS Rachel is super knowledge and helpful when creating a personalized skincare regimen. I learned SO much from our consultation and wanted to share the tips with ya’ll. Below is a skincare + makeup tutorial that I am excited to put to use all summer long!
My TOP TIPS for Summertime Beauty:
- SPF SPF SPF! Nothing is more importantly than protecting your skin, especially from those summer UV Rays. I love this thick, moisturizing mineral sunscreen from Soleil Toujours for all-day protection.
- Keep your skin clean and exfoliated with Jane Scrivner Skinfoliate. The toner helps unclog oily pores, removes dead skin cells, and balances your skin’s natural pH.
- Try a Mattifying Primer, like this one from Cover FX, for a clean, oil-free makeup finish that keeps your look going strong.
- Mix a serum in with your foundation to give your skin some extra hydration this summer. If you get brown spots like me, try Odacité’s Hyperpigmentation Facial Serum.
- Skip the eyeshadow and use your bronzer instead! The glowing, bronzed pigment is a great shade for summertime. Plus, it’s one less thing to pack while traveling!
- Need a new lipstick shade? Try going peach! This shade from Rituel de Fille has a great peach undertone and accentuates tan tones.
- Give your skin some extra loving with Medicine Mama. I forgot to mention this product in this video, but if you have been following my blog for awhile, you already know my obsession with this stuff. Apply Sweet Bee Magic at night before bedtime to soothe, heal, and hydrate.
You can shop these products and everything I used in this tutorial below. Rachel is sold out of some of these favorites, so I have tagged a few other spots where you can find these goodies!
P.S. You can find the SAINT COSMETICS Foundation here.
SHOP THE POST: